Compliance and Operational Services Coordinator (maternity leave contract)
The Canadian Resident Matching Service (CaRMS), located in downtown Ottawa, is seeking a talented Coordinator who has a passion for preparing and processing legal and privacy documentation to support both the operational and strategic initiatives of the department.
This position reports to the Manager, Compliance and Operational Services and is accountable for document creation and support for internal and external meetings, projects and working groups in support of the CaRMS agenda.
- Supports internal and external contract management.
- Responsible for the administration and tracking of operational match audits.
- Compiles data and documentation in response to legal access requests.
- Supports complaint management processes inclusive of reviewing, investigating, drafting responses and tracking data per match.
- Coordinates inter-departmental consultation, drafts responses and prepares reports to support operational client inquiries.
- Drafts changes to operational policies, procedures and programs that will serve to improve the organization’s compliance.
- Supports the Manager’s role with the violation review committee.
- Provides coordination and support for strategic initiatives, and both internal and external committees.
- Creates dashboard analytics on operational data for Manager presentations.
- Administers and supports CaRMS Business Continuity Program including drafting annual updates, ensuring compliance and updates are completed by named departments.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education/experience is required
- Previous experience in a Compliance environment is preferred
- Previous experience with business operations, legal, data, and privacy is preferred
- Previous medical education experience is preferred
The successful candidate:
You are a self-starter with excellent attention to detail who enjoys challenging work in a fast paced environment. You have strong organization and written communication skills with the ability to draft high quality documentation for internal and external meetings and support both strategic and operational initiatives.
You are a team player who is adaptable to change and able to manage conflicting demands in a continuous improvement environment. You are fully proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint enabling you to produce quality reports and analytics. You thrive on making decisions based on data and you deliver effective solutions for both our internal and external clients.
The Canadian Resident Matching Service (CaRMS) is a national, not-for-profit organization that provides digital solutions and expertise that matches medical students with training opportunities in Canada.
Established in 1969 to provide a fair, objective and transparent process, CaRMS works with the medical education community, medical schools, and residents/students to provide the digital platform, mathematical algorithm, and knowledge that matches students with medical residency training opportunities. In recent years we’ve also expanded our work to provide an admissions portal for applicants to undergraduate medical schools.
CaRMS is a client service focused organization relying on a caring and committed team for our success.
What we offer:
As an equal opportunity employer, CaRMS offers professional growth opportunities, a safe and enjoyable work environment, a comprehensive benefits package, and an industry leading defined contribution pension plan.
How to apply:
Qualified individuals should send their resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
If you are contacted by CaRMS for a job opportunity and require any accommodation or assistance, please inform us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.