Canadian citizenship documents
You will be required to upload a notarized or certified copy of an official government-issued document identifying your citizenship status in Canada. Many citizenship documents have an expiration date. Please ensure that any citizenship document(s) you submit are currently valid, as expired documents will not be accepted by programs. You may upload multiple documents as proof of your Canadian citizenship status. Acceptable citizenship documents vary by province, so you should carefully review the provincial and eligibility requirements found in the match pages.
Please view the program descriptions for specific program requirements.
Accepted document types are:
- Canadian birth certificate
- Passport page showing Canadian citizenship
- Canadian citizenship certificate
- Record of landing (clearly showing the date of landing)
- Confirmation of permanent residence
- Permanent resident card (both sides)
- Proof of pending citizenship
- Valid Canadian visa/permit authorization
You must upload citizenship documents yourself through CaRMS Online.
Any non-Canadian citizenship documents must be uploaded as extra documents and only assigned if requested by a program.