Mis à jour le 10 août 2017
For Entry in the 2018-19 Academic Year
The following policies apply to the 2018 Family Medicine/Emergency Medicine.
All matched applicants must meet the criteria for registration with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of British Columbia (CPSBC) for postgraduate medical education. https://www.cpsbc.ca/
First and Second Iteration
Who can apply:
Training Level and Program
Trainees currently enrolled in the 2nd year of an accredited CFPC Family Medicine Residency program OR have already obtained CCFP certification.
International Medical Graduates applicants must declare any Return of Service obligations on the application and may be disqualified if their provincial obligations preclude R-3 training.
Candidates must be Canadian Citizens or Permanent Residents and must provide proof by submitting one of the following verifications to CaRMS by the Rank Order List deadline. No allowances for late submission. No other forms of verification are acceptable:
- Photocopy of Birth Certificate issued by an authority in Canada with any photo ID, or
- Photocopy of Canadian Passport, or
- Photocopy of Canadian citizenship certificate, Records of Landing; or
- Photocopy of Permanent Resident Card/Canadian Citizen Card – copies of both sides of card must be provided.
Proof of citizenship documentation must be notarized/certified.
English Language Proficiency Requirements
- Graduates of International Medical schools must fulfill the English Language Proficiency requirements of the College of Physicians and Surgeons of BC through one of the following, and results must be submitted to CaRMS by the Rank Order List deadline:
- Applicants are considered to have met the English Language proficiency requirements if:
- the language of instruction at medical school was English, and
- the primary language of patient care was English, and
- the first and native language of the country where the physician was trained is English.
- Complete details of the English Language Proficiency requirements can be found on the College of Physicians and Surgeons of BC website: https://cpsbc.ca/files/pdf/REG-ELP.pdf
English Language Proficiency Requirements for graduates of Quebec Medical Schools:
Please note that candidates who attended medical school in Quebec where the language of instruction or the primary language of patient care was not English, must fulfill the English Language Proficiency requirements of the College of Physicians of Surgeons of BC through one of the following, and results must be submitted to CaRMS by Rank Order List deadline: