Mis à jour le 13 septembre 2017
University of Saskatchewan
The Ministry of Health for the Province of Saskatchewan and the University of Saskatchewan, College of Medicine have agreed to the following policies for the 2018 R-3 match. Applicants are responsible for reviewing program descriptions, as well as the criteria listed below, to ensure they meet all required eligibility criteria and requirements.
Applicants to the University of Saskatchewan Family Medicine/Emergency Medicine programs must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident or Landed Immigrant at the time of application and must submit a notarized/certified photocopy of one of the following:
- Canadian Birth Certificate
- Passport page showing Canadian Citizenship
- Canadian Citizenship Card (both sides of the card)
- Permanent Resident Card (both sides of the card)
- Record of Landing, clearly showing the date of landing
- Must currently be in a Family Medicine Residency program OR have obtained the CCFP designation. (Note: Successful applicants must hold a CCFP designation at the time the Emergency Medicine training commences.)
- Licensing: Must be eligible for and maintain registration with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Saskatchewan for an educational register license. Applicants who are International Medical Graduates, or who are studying at Quebec medical schools or the University of Ottawa (French Stream), may be required to provide proof of English language proficiency.
- Credentialing: Must be eligible for and maintain privileges within the Saskatchewan Regional Health Authority as determined by its credentialing process. Saskatchewan Regional Health Authorities require successful applicants to submit immunization records and proof of immunity (titres), and a current criminal record check, as part of its pre-resident application for appointment. Applicants with criminal records will be considered on a case by case basis by the College of Medicine in consultation with the Health Region.
- ACLS: Prior to commencement of training, successful applicants must provide proof of ACLS certification that is current as of July 1, 2018.