Interviews are a program’s opportunity to meet applicants and assess their skills and suitability in person. They are also a great chance for applicants to learn more about programs.
It is entirely up to programs to decide which applicants they want to interview. Once the decision is made, they will issue interview invitations to applicants directly; CaRMS is not involved in this process. Wherever possible, invitations should be extended with at least three weeks’ notice to allow applicants time to make their travel arrangements.
While CaRMS doesn’t track or record interview invitations, we do post the dates programs will hold interviews in the interview calendar below. We do this to help prevent conflicts between faculties. If applicants are invited to more than one interview and the dates conflict, they may contact programs directly to make alternate arrangements.
Who does what in the interview process
- Collect and publish interview dates on carms.ca
- Provide amelioration in the case of concerns about an interview
- Facilitate equal opportunity employment by masking applicant photos until the interview process begins
Faculties of medicine:
- Provide CaRMS with interview dates
- Decide which applicants to interview
- Coordinate interviews directly with applicants
- Conduct interviews