Interviews are your program’s opportunity to meet applicants and assess their skills and suitability. They are also a great chance for applicants to learn more about your program.
It is entirely up to your program to decide which applicants you want to interview. Once the decision is made, you notify applicants of their interview offer status through CaRMS Online and issue interview invitations to applicants directly.
CaRMS posts the dates programs will hold interviews in an interview schedule in CaRMS Online. We do this to help prevent conflicts between faculties. If applicants are invited to more than one interview and the dates conflict, they may contact programs directly to make alternate arrangements.
Who does what in the interview process
- Collect and publishes interview dates in CaRMS Online
- Provide amelioration in the case of concerns about an interview
- Facilitate equal opportunity employment by masking applicant photos until the interview process begins
Faculties of medicine:
- Provide CaRMS with interview dates
- Decide which applicants to interview
- Notify applicants of their interview offer status through CaRMS Online
- Coordinate interviews directly with applicants
- Conduct interviews