If you fill all your positions in the first iteration
- It is best practice to contact your matched applicants on Match Day or shortly after.
- Ensure you download all your matched applicant information from CaRMS Online.
- If you have paper or electronic copies of unmatched applicant files, please carefully dispose of them as soon as possible, as per the Services Contract between the AFMC and CaRMS.
If you have unfilled positions after the first iteration
- All unfilled positions are contractually obligated to move to the second iteration of the match.
- If you need to make any changes to your program descriptions for second iteration, or create/modify file reviewer access, you can log into CaRMS Online to do so once the second iteration opens.
- As the second iteration is brief, we encourage you to review the faculty timeline for all important upcoming dates.
If you have unfilled positions after the second iteration
CaRMS’ post-match process allows unmatched applicants to submit their applications to programs who are still considering candidates. There is no cost for the post-match process and no ranking or matching services are included.
Postgraduate offices and programs decide whether they would like their faculty’s unfilled programs to be included in the post-match process. There is no obligation to participate in this process.
Available positions, which will be listed in the post-match process program descriptions, can be added or removed at any time.