This 2021 R-1 match timeline, which has shifted milestones and deadlines later in the year to accommodate schedule changes resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic, is now available on carms.ca.
Some of the key dates for the 2021 R-1 match include:
- Match application open: Monday, November 2, 2020
- Application due date: Monday, February 8, 2021
- National interview period: Monday, March 8 to Sunday, March 28, 2021 period
- First iteration Match Day: Tuesday, April 20, 2021
- Second iteration Match Day: Thursday, May 20, 2021
You can access the full match timelines for each user type in the Timelines section on carms.ca, or by using the buttons below.
The 2021 R-1 match timeline was finalized and approved by the AFMC Resident Matching Committee (ARMC). ARMC membership includes representation from the Faculty of Medicine Deans, Postgraduate Deans, Undergraduate Deans, Student Affairs Deans, the Canadian Federation of Medical Students, the Fédération des médecins residents du Québec, the Fédération médicale étudiante du Québec, Resident Doctors of Canada, and the Canadian Resident Matching Service.